Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I'm Back and I learned something

Via Carolyne Roehm Outdoor entertaining





So sorry but had to take a break due to not having access to the internet! I am LOVING LA - I can't believe I lived in NYC for so long. The lifestyle here is so outdoorsy and the people so chic! I am living in a paradise called the Pacific Palisades in the Riviera section -  Think flowers EVERYWHERE and amazing homes - we are in a rental but I can see living here forever affording it is another story. I had some guests over the other day and found myself in a position where I had to host and I learned that I stink at it! I kept walking back and forth with single cups of water. Then I went over to another women's home which was more than divine and she had on a silver tray 1 bottle of Perrier , One Pitcher of water and three diet coke cans with monogramed plastic cups that looked like this but better in Navy with a stronger Font Via So Pretty.

Like this even more in lucite Via So Pretty





She also had a black lacquered wall unit with a TV in the center which was black so the television was invisible. Heaven.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're in the right place. Enjoy that sunshine and all that is around you. Great things are happening for you!
    ~ Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are living in such a beautiful place! Hostessing is so fun I think! Gives me a chance to show off all my finest kitcheny things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are loving LA! I wish more East Coasters would adopt your more evolved view, and stop seeing Los Angeles as the vapid wasteland that it only is a little bit. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that the move was a good choice for you and that you are loving the new environment. I'm not a great cook so when I host, it's all about the presentation. Sounds like the hostess you talked about here shares that theory.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are loving La-La Land! Isn't it just fabulous!!! You are going to love the shopping here for home decor - it blows NY out of the water, even though NY is great too! Anyway -- welcome to the hood, if you need suggestions for anything - let me know, i live in the Bev Hills area...so I am not too far from you. Make sure to take a trip to LB flea market!! It's to die for yummy and they always have amazing trays and hosting stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well...You are missed in New York. Shana Tovah u'Mitukah-- A sweet and good new year for you and your family.
    Your former downstairs neighbor
    Baruch

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love those monogrammed lucite cups! My dream is that I can afford to own something in lucite before it goes out of style! :)

    I hope you're enjoying your new home - I just got back from Southern California yesterday and I'm already missing it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to Los Angeles. I love the Palisades. I live in the Hollywood Hills...a bit less polished than the Palisades. I dream of moving from my tiny cottage to a normal gorgeous home in the Palisades, Beverly Hills, Brentwood or Santa Monica Canyon. Need to work on that. Again, welcome to Los Angeles!

    xo
    Coco
    COCOCOZY

    ReplyDelete