Saturday, December 4, 2010

Best toys for Boys 2010

It took me forever to find the  hanukah gifts that were not video related ( a challenge) for the boys 4,7 and 9 and so far I have had huge success - Here are the greatest hits

Magnetic tiles - My 4,7 and 9 year old are loving this - I bought it for my 7 year old

This has also been a huge hit with the three boys and I bought it at Lakeshore Learning but I don't see it on the web site - I think it was $19 and it is completely entertaining and addictive.
i wish I bought 3. I am not sure it is called this anymore so you might have to describe it .




Domino Tornado  I can't believe how cheap it is at JCP - We spent so much more at Lakeshore Learning. My 9 year old loves this!





Kapla blocks  hit with age 9,7 and 4

These Citiblocs are the exact same thing as the Kapla blocks for half the price - same size and wood 


ESPN better batter baseball - it rocks age 4

This is a total commitment to set up and I am not sure it is worth it.  My son loves it but it is hard to figure it out.    You also need to weigh each base down so it doesn't keep tipping over - we used shoes. I am sure as we get better at it it will be easier but my son spent 2 hours playing with it - that is amazing and he won't let me take it apart!

A huge hit with my 9 year old - HUGE - this is a three D type Simon with a rap sound - very cool and I realized how bad my memory is! Loopz


Grow to pro supper soccer  a big hit with my 4 year old and the 6 and 9 played with it to. Everytime you score a goal a huge cheer comes out and it keeps score.






More to come as the days go on.

3 comments:

  1. I loved that toy! I had it growing up, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these ideas as I have boys, ages 6 & 8. Tegu blocks are really great too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suze these are all great ideas and I can see why your three boys love them. I had three boys that are now all grown up and they would have loooooved these. I do have two grandsons and these are great ideas. Both love to build things so the blocks are really a good suggestion. Thank you for sharing such great ideas,
    Happy Hannukah!
    Kathysue

    ReplyDelete